[Haifux] Announcing a new project - fakeroot-ng

Haggai Eran haggai.eran at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 01:06:32 MSK 2007

Hi,

I understand that using fakeroot can help creating packages with uid 0 in
them, and this way it is very easy to port existing package installation
procedures (such as ./configure && make install) to debian (all you need for
porting is basically run make install with a DEST variable under fakeroot),
but wouldn't it be more simple if the files' uids would be stripped from the
package somehow when creating the package archive?

Regards,
Haggai