[Haifux] [HAIFUX LECTURE] Bitcoin -- Daniel Brunstein

Eli Billauer eli at billauer.co.il
Sat Oct 25 18:54:52 IDT 2014

On Monday, October 27th at 18:30, Haifux will gather to hear a talk by
Daniel Brunstein:

    Bitcoin - What and Why

Abstract

General Agenda

    * What is Bitcoin
    * Wallets (mobile, cloud, cold storage)
    * Price and Market Capacitance
    * Worldwide adoption by big corporations and merchants
    * Regulatory environment
    * Billion Dollar Markets being disrupted by Bitcoin
    * Alternative crypto-currencies and Bitcoin 2.0
    * VC investment in Bitcoin startups
    * Bitcoin in Israel
    * Bitcoin in the Academy

Technical Agenda

    * Public/private keys
    * Mining
    * Blockchain
    * Security, 51% attack

We meet in Taub building, room 6. For instructions see:
http://www.haifux.org/where.html

Attendance is free, and you are all invited!

Future lectures:

There are no scheduled lectures.

We are always interested in hearing your talks and ideas. If you wish to
give a talk, hold a discussion, or just plan some event haifux might be
interested in, please contact us atwebmaster at haifux.org

--
Web:http://www.billauer.co.il