[Haifux] HaifaSec Lecture: Rise and Fall of Binaries -- Adir Abraham

Eli Billauer eli at billauer.co.il
Sun Dec 21 09:42:36 IST 2014

Hello all,

Our fellow group, HaifaSec, will have a meeting about execution binaries
on this *TUESDAY*, December 23rd.

The Facebook event (requires no registration for viewing):

https://www.facebook.com/events/402607379905506

*** Note that it's NOT on Haifux' regular time slot nor room. ***

Abstract
======

We will discuss how binary files are born and created, loaded and
executed, about the creation of object files, files linkage and the
differences between Linux format (ELF) and Windows format (PE) of such
files. These will be combined with both information security and attack
methods and techniques: what a vicious compiler can do, how viruses and
other malwares create problems and more.

As the lecture will be technical, we will assume knowledge in C. Highly
recommended (but not necessary) is some knowledge in OS and/or computer
architecture.

The lecture will be held in Hebrew, in Taub 7 (1st floor).

Regards,
    Eli

--
Web: http://www.billauer.co.il