[Haifux] [HAIFUX LECTURE] Software Licensing for Dummies -- Jonathan J. Klinger

Eli Billauer eli at billauer.co.il
Sat Sep 14 20:38:30 MSD 2013

On Monday, September 16th at 18:30, Haifux will gather to hear a talk by
Jonathan J. Klinger:

    Software Licensing for Dummies / Software Developers

In my lecture, we shall discuss Licensing basics, including (i) basis to
copyright law; (ii) what is software licensing; (iii) how does software
licensing differ from physical matters; (iv) what is open source
licensing. After grabbing the basics, we shall discuss the specialties
of Open Source software, and understand the different licenses and
license types.

We meet in Taub building, room 6. For instructions see:

Attendance is free, and you are all invited!

Future lectures:

30/09/13 Haifa-Sec: Software Defined Networking
14/10/13 Nested Virtualization: Shadow Turtlen: Muli Ben-Yehuda

We are always interested in hearing your talks and ideas. If you wish to
give a talk, hold a discussion, or just plan some event haifux might be
interested in, please contact us at webmaster at haifux.org

Web: http://www.billauer.co.il