[Haifux] [HAIFUX LECTURE] The Do-S and Don’t-S of Benchmarking -- Gernot Heiser

Orna Agmon Ben-Yehuda ladypine at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 12:23:25 MSK 2013

Hello all,
Note that today's talk is just one out of 4 talks given by Prof. Gernot
Heiser. The first talk is today at 12:30. The talks' poster is available
(to all) from the TCE's facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=620548887987420&set=pb.336953639680281.-2207520000.1384161560.&type=3&theater

On Sat, Nov 9, 2013 at 5:15 PM, Eli Billauer <eli at billauer.co.il> wrote:

> On Monday, November 11th at 18:30, Haifux will gather to hear a talk by
> Gernot Heiser:
>
>     The Do-S and Don’t-S of Benchmarking
>
> Abstract
>
> A thorough and convincing evaluation is a core part of every systems
> paper, and generally involves some form of benchmarking. In my experience
> as a reviewer of hundreds of papers, there are a number of things people
> frequently get wrong in their evaluation. I have distilled those into a
> list of systems benchmarking crimes, most of which are sufficient reason to
> reject a paper. I will discuss those crimes and how to avoid them.

> We meet in Taub building, room 6. For instructions see:
> http://www.haifux.org/where.html
>
> Attendance is free, and you are all invited!

> Future lectures:
>
> 25/11/13 High-Level Introduction to Virtualization's Low-Level:
>           Ronen Hod
> 23/12/13 Nested Virtualization: Shadow Turtles: Orit Wasserman

> We are always interested in hearing your talks and ideas. If you wish to
> give a talk, hold a discussion, or just plan some event haifux might be
> interested in, please contact us at webmaster at haifux.org
>
> --
> Web: http://www.billauer.co.il

Orna Agmon Ben-Yehuda.