[Haifux] [HAIFUX LECTURE] The Do-S and Don’t-S of Benchmarking -- Gernot Heiser

Eli Billauer eli at billauer.co.il
Sat Nov 9 18:15:21 MSK 2013

On Monday, November 11th at 18:30, Haifux will gather to hear a talk by Gernot Heiser:

    The Do-S and Don’t-S of Benchmarking

Abstract

A thorough and convincing evaluation is a core part of every systems paper, and generally involves some form of benchmarking. In my experience as a reviewer of hundreds of papers, there are a number of things people frequently get wrong in their evaluation. I have distilled those into a list of systems benchmarking crimes, most of which are sufficient reason to reject a paper. I will discuss those crimes and how to avoid them.

We meet in Taub building, room 6. For instructions see:
http://www.haifux.org/where.html

Attendance is free, and you are all invited!

Future lectures:

25/11/13 High-Level Introduction to Virtualization's Low-Level:
          Ronen Hod
23/12/13 Nested Virtualization: Shadow Turtles: Orit Wasserman

We are always interested in hearing your talks and ideas. If you wish to give a talk, hold a discussion, or just plan some event haifux might be interested in, please contact us at webmaster at haifux.org

--
Web: http://www.billauer.co.il