[Haifux] [HAIFUX/LYX MEETING] The Technion LyX Conspiracy -- Ronen Abravanel and Daniel Vainsencher

Eli Billauer eli at billauer.co.il
Mon Jun 24 20:32:21 MSD 2013

Dear fellow Haifux LyXers,

A LyX meeting will take place on WEDNESDAY, June 26th at 16:00 to 20:00,
in room 815 of the EE Meyer building.

If you're like us, you love LyX, and wish you could do everything from it:
- Write your papers with the conference style file
- Collaborate with LaTeX-only people
- Use it for a blog...

Problem: not everything works. Solution: report bugs and fix problems
together, and eat pizza!

- Lightning talks. Currently planned (you are invited to show us
anything cool and not well known also!):
- How to write Feynman diagrams in LyX (Ronen)
- Moving a paper back from LaTeX, before and after bug reports (Daniel)
- A quick dev demo: how to report, find, solve and patch a simple bug
that keeps a valid latex document from compiling under LyX.
- 3-4 hours of joint hacking, bug reporting and whatever we want.

Make a mailing list or forum for further discussion, a github project to
share useful templates etc, and whatever else we find useful.

Please forward to any other LyX user in the area, let us know if you
want to give a demo or have any other ideas. Let us know if you are
interested in general and coming this time in particular.

For further details:
- The Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/154805744706969
- The Github page: https://github.com/daniel-vainsencher/technion-LyX

Attendance is free, and you are all invited!

Future Haifux lectures:

08/07/13 DNS Cache-Poisoning: New Attacks and Defenses: Haya Shulman
22/07/13 Replicate and Bundle (RnB) -- A Mechanism for Relieving
          Bottlenecks in Data Centers: Shachar Raindel
05/08/13 All I really need to know about bioinformatics, I learnt in
          Haifux: Boaz Goldstein

We are always interested in hearing your talks and ideas. If you wish to
give a talk, hold a discussion, or just plan some event haifux might be
interested in, please contact us at webmaster at haifux.org

Web: http://www.billauer.co.il