[Haifux] [HAIFUX LECTURE] Bitcoin by Meni Rosenfeld

Eli Billauer eli at billauer.co.il
Sat Feb 2 18:37:50 MSK 2013

On Monday, February 4th at 18:30, Haifux will gather to hear a talk by
Meni Rosenfeld:

    Bitcoin

Abstract

Bitcoin is the world's first decentralized digital currency. Powered by
a peer-to-peer network of computers running free software, it was
created as an alternative to the existing monetary system in an attempt
to offer people more autonomy over their finances and ease of
transaction. In this talk, we will give a broad overview of the Bitcoin
system and describe its motivation and its current status. We will then
explain the open cryptographic protocol in its foundation and how it
works to enable Bitcoin's features.

The slides are available at http://haifux.org/lectures/292/

We meet in Taub building, room 6. For instructions see:
http://www.haifux.org/where.html

Attendance is free, and you are all invited!

Future lectures:

11/02/13 Flash Friendly File System (F2FS)- Leon Romanovsky
18/02/13 Developing modern web applications using Flask and Backbone.js -
          Yaniv Aknin + Yaniv Ben-Zaken
04/03/13 THIS SLOT CAN BE YOURS!
18/03/13 Kernel cybernetics: How to get useful information from the kernel
          archives - Jonathan Ben-Avraham

We are always interested in hearing your talks and ideas. If you wish to
give a talk, hold a discussion, or just plan some event haifux might be
interested in, please contact us at webmaster at haifux.org

--
Web: http://www.billauer.co.il