[Haifux] [HAIFUX LECTURE] ZeroVM: lightweight containers based on Google Native Client---Camuel Gilyadov

Orna Agmon Ben-Yehuda ladypine at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 00:24:04 MSD 2012

On Monday, June 25th at 18:30, Haifux will gather to hear  Camuel Gilyadov
(קמואל גלעדוב), founder @ LiteStack (litestack.com), talk about:

ZeroVM: lightweight containers based on Google Native Client

Abstract
How cloud-friendly is traditional virtualization? As a matter of fact, all
traditional virtualization technologies predate cloud era. Traditional
virtualization has major advantage, they are backward compatible on binary
level, making it easy to run in cloud any existing pre-cloud application.
But what if backward compatability is not a requirement? What about new
post-cloud applications, that are developed specifically for cloud? Is
traditional virtualization still a good platform for them?

More information can be found on http://zerovm.org/ and discussion on
http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=3746222
==============================**==============================**=====

We meet in Taub building, room 6. For instructions see:
http://www.haifux.org/where.**html <http://www.haifux.org/where.html>

Attendance is free, and you are all invited!

Future lectures:

09/07/12 Hebmorph: Itamar Syn-Hershko

We are always interested in hearing your talks and ideas. If you wish to
give a talk, hold a discussion, or just plan some event haifux might be
interested in, please contact us at webmaster at haifux.org

--
Orna Agmon Ben-Yehuda.
http://ladypine.org