[Haifux] [HAIFUX LECTURE] "Disk" storage media by Guy Keren

Eli Billauer eli at billauer.co.il
Sat Jun 9 22:18:30 MSD 2012

On Monday, June 11th at 18:30, Haifux will gather to hear a talk by Guy

    "Disk" storage media - state of the art in the enterprise world

This is a:

1. very detailed-oriented talk.
2. no prior knowledge required.
3. not specific to linux.
4. not useful for home users - it all concentrates on enterprise systems.
5. second-hand knowledge (i.e. a lot of "someone told me" and "i heard
that..." claims will be involved).
6. not going to talk about the internals of SSDs - but rather on their
machine interfaces.
7. will cover hard disks, SSDs (Solid-State Disks) and the way they
are/will be used in enterprise computing environments.

We meet in Taub building, room 6. For instructions see:

Attendance is free, and you are all invited!

Future lectures:

25/06/12 Git for solo projects too: Eli Billauer
09/07/12 Hebmorph: Itamar Syn-Hershko

We are always interested in hearing your talks and ideas. If you wish to
give a talk, hold a discussion, or just plan some event haifux might be
interested in, please contact us at webmaster at haifux.org

Web: http://www.billauer.co.il