[Haifux] [HAIFUX LECTURE] Maqaf Hataf Patakh - The new standard Hebrew keyboard layout by Amir E. Aharoni

Eli Billauer eli at billauer.co.il
Sun Jan 8 00:47:33 MSK 2012

On Monday, January 9th at 18:30, Haifux will gather to hear Amir E.
Aharoni talk about

    Maqaf Hataf Patakh - The new standard Hebrew keyboard layout

In the last two years a committee in the Standards Institution of Israel
worked, on my initiative and with my active participation, on a revision
for the standard of the Hebrew keyboard layout. Why did i want to change
the layout? Why is it good to do it through the Standards Institution?
How to make people who represent Microsoft, Linux, and Apple agree about
things? How is a keyboard layout edited in Linux and in Windows? How do
you install a keyboard layout and how do you distribute it to a lot of

We meet in Taub (CS Faculty) building, room 6. For instructions see:

Attendance is free, and you are all invited!

Future Haifux talks include:

*** No lectures scheduled! It's time for YOU to think about something! ***

We are always interested in hearing your talks and ideas. If you wish to
give a talk, hold a discussion, or just plan some event Haifux might be
interested in, please contact us at webmaster at haifux.org

Web: http://www.billauer.co.il