[Haifux] News from DC9723 Def Con group

amichay p. k. am1chay.p.k at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 12:58:13 MSK 2011

Hello everyone!

* About the group:

The Israeli DefCon group is a group designed to serve as a place for
discussion for the growing community of people involved in information
security in Israel. We meet on the third Tuesday of the month in a
central Tel Aviv location, and have talks and activities.

Our meetings are held at the Tel Aviv University, courtesy of StarTau
(the entrepreneurial center of TAU).

The meetings are open and free, and we try to include content that
caters for both beginners as well as more advanced.

If you are a Hacker / Security practitioner / Just want to expand your
horizons, you're welcome to join us!

* News:

We have some really great news: we have secured a more permanent and
feature-full location for our monthly meetings. The nice people at the
Tel-Aviv Entrepreneurial Center (StarTau) have agreed to lend us their
facilities at the engineering faculty, which includes a
state-of-the-art auditorium (yes! projection and sound...), as well as
a large space outside of it for mingling and other breakout sessions
and activities.

This will enable us to not only grow and have a more comfortable
location (while retaining our freedom for beer...) but to also benefit
from some exposure to the entrepreneurs that walk around these halls,
who would surely would like to connect better with the security
industry and see where the next startup will come from!

As this is a major move for our little DefCon group, we will postpone
this months meeting in exactly one week to March 22nd. This is in
order for TAU to have enough time to get ready for us, as well as for
Itzik and myself to get back from the US and be there as it all
happens.

Additionally, with some major assistance from Amichay p.k. and Guy, we
have a new WiKi in both English and Hebrew at wiki.dc9723.org. The
WiKi contains all the information about the next meeting, arrival
direction, and all the past meeting information. Please feel free to
sign up for the WiKi and contribute to the content at the community
portal. We feel that this is a more interactive medium than the blog
and will be phasing the blog out soon.

As always - feel free to comment back, suggest, and propose new talk
topics directly to us (info at dc9723.org), or to the mailing list here
(dc9723 at lists.dc9723.org).

See you on the next meeting!

--