[Haifux] Call for Lectures

Orna Agmon Ben-Yehuda ladypine at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 00:46:55 MSK 2011

O Captain! my Captain! our fearful queue is done;
The club has weathered every rack, the prize we sought is not won;
The emptiness is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring: (*)...

Yes, dear listeners,
the queue got empty again,
So it is time to become
Speakers again.(**)

Speak your mind,
Talk about your work,
Talk of work of others,
Speak of what you know
or take the chance to learn a new topic.

And if you care for suggestions, then here are some
Both old and new, borrowed, but never blue:

*gnu enterprise
*tickless kernel
*linux for kids (a talk where people are encouraged to come with children
maybe? or parents are encouraged to come, to learn about things for kids?
Games? How to set up a machine for kids?)
*stellarium

(*) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O_Captain!_My_Captain!
(**)Note that we welcome two new speakers on the queue, but still January
31st is an empty slot.
--
Orna Agmon Ben-Yehuda.
http://ladypine.org