[Haifux] Router question

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Mon Oct 18 16:36:14 MSD 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 02:23:46PM +0200, Ohad Lutzky wrote:
> What do you guys think about this issue? I want to say that it's pressing,
> but:
>
> 1. This is the only remaining problematic protocol for me. SSH works
> perfectly, and git works just as well over HTTP nowadays, if I'm not
> mistaken.
> 2. It seems unnecessary, in my opinion, for this protocol to exist - it
> should just be done over HTTP.

Surely not. A different protocol makes it easy for the provider to treat
this protocol differently.

> However, network neutrality is always important, and Bezeq International's
> claims of "we don't block any ports" become problematic (albeit technically
> true). Is there anything that can be done about this?

At work (at the time: using a Barak business ADSL account) had to mess
with the support personnel for a few days to make the git protocol work
properly. Don't expect them to actually admit it. Expect those "network
oddities" to "resolve themselves".

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | tzafrir at jabber.org | VIM is
tzafrir at cohens.org.il |                    |  best