[Haifux] Orientation Day at the Technion

boazg boaz.gezer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 23:10:34 MSD 2010

no need for SIL. of the people i've met, there was one who has been a linux
user for the last 10 years, and one who is part of ubuntu IL, and took the
initiative and set up a stand at ICon (and is already on this mailing list
;). they are already staying in linux. on the other hand w have people who
are not all that linux-heavy, but are computer geek none-the-less, and would
probably feel much safer about the hole thing if they show up once and see
that we don't bite.

no idea what orr is planning for secure file systems, but if it doesn't
require people to deal with the mathematical definition of a cypher or a
hash function, or know in advance how a file system works on the inside, it
may be perfect. alternatively, a rerun of a lecture that was fun, or
lightning-talks, a non-lecture activity to get to know the new people, would
be would be nice.