[Haifux] Talk proposal: Difference Engine

Orna Agmon Ben-Yehuda ladypine at gmail.com
Mon May 31 11:03:11 MSD 2010

Hello all,

If there is any interest, I can talk about an extension to Xen, called
Difference Engine. The paper,  titled "Difference Engine: Harnessing
Memory Redundancy in Virtual Machines", by Diwaker Gupta, Sangmin
Lee,Michael Vrable, Stefan Savage, Alex C. Snoeren, George Varghese,
Geoffrey M. Voelker, and Amin Vahdat, won a best paper award in OSDI'08.

The paper is at:
http://www.usenix.org/events/osdi08/tech/full_papers/gupta/gupta.pdf
The mp3 of the talk given in the conference is at:
http://www.usenix.org/media/events/osdi08/tech/mp3s/gupta.mp3

I will not be presenting the conference talk (which is just a taste, and for
which slides are unavailable) but the full paper, including my comments on
it.

If you are interested, please reply to me or to webmaster of Haifux.
Thanks,
--
Orna Agmon Ben-Yehuda.
http://ladypine.org