[Haifux] Lecture about valgrind

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Wed Jun 16 16:06:47 MSD 2010

On Wednesday 16 Jun 2010 10:51:15 Shachar Raindel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been fiddling with the insides of valgrind lately, and thought
> that other club members might also be interested to hear about how it
> works under the hood.
>
> For these of you who haven't heard of valgrind yet, it is a dynamic
> binary translator, which pin-points common memory-related problems
> (most of the buffer overflows, using freed memory block, double free,
> using uninitialized variables, memory leaks, etc.).

For more information, see:

* http://valgrind.org/

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valgrind

> If there is enough interest, I will probably be able to get a few
> slides together and talk about it for a bit (read - 2 hours).

I'll be happy to hear such a talk, but I'm not sure I'll bother to come all
the way from Tel Aviv. If you can also give that talk at
http://tel.foss.org.il/ , that would be much appreciated.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish