[Haifux] [HAIFUX LECTURE] Valgrind - from magic to science - Shachar Raindel

Eli Billauer eli at billauer.co.il
Sun Jul 25 21:30:41 MSD 2010

TOMORROW, July 26th at 18:30, Haifux will gather to hear Shachar Raindel
talk about:

Valgrind - from magic to science

Valgrind is an extremely powerful development tool, which detects and
pin-points many common programming errors when running a program. Some
examples for the problems it handles are many kinds of buffer overflows,
using uninitialized data, accessing freed memory and memory leaks.
Valgrind does that without need for recompilation of the program, simply
by adding "valgrind" to the beginning of the command line.

To an outside observer, this could seem like magic. In this lecture, we
will take a peek under the hood of valgrind, and learn how the magic is
done. I will also briefly introduce other, less known features of valgrind.

We meet in Taub (CS Faculty) building, room 6. For instructions see:
http://www.haifux.org/where.html

Attendance is free, and you are all invited!

==============================

Future talks include:
(note that the next lecture is *just one week away*, not two!)

02/08/10 Zemereshet - Yair Even-Zohar
16/08/10 HTML5 - The next generations of the web - Tzafrir Rehan
30/08/10 *OPEN SLOT*. Grab it while you can!
13/09/10 Secure File Systems - Orr Dunkelman

We are always interested in hearing your talks and ideas. If you wish to
give a talk, hold a discussion, or just plan some event haifux might be
interested in, please contact us at webmaster at haifux.org

--
Web: http://www.billauer.co.il