[Haifux] [HAIFUX LECTURE] Valgrind - from magic to science - Shachar Raindel

Orna Agmon Ben-Yehuda ladypine at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 11:15:34 MSD 2010

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 8:44 AM, Shachar Raindel <shacharr at gmail.com> wrote:

> I will be happy to hear the people voice about that.
>
> Please tell me your opinion about lecture/no lecture on Tisha'be'av eve.
>
> Regards,
> --Shachar

It appears that 9th of Av is a major fasting day like Yom Kipur - religious
people are not even allowed to study non-related things in the Torah, not to
mention study secular things. So I am for postponing, though I do not
observe it.

For the future, I suggest we made a list of days which are work days in
Israel, but in which we prefer not to hold a Haifux gathering, to prevent
last minute heads-up. For example, the evening before Yom Hasho'a, which
causes a debate every so often. I usually consult both the
Hebrew calendar and the Technion calendar before setting a meeting, this
will only be another calendar to consult.

Orna.

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 6:25 PM, Nir Abulaffio

Orna Agmon Ben-Yehuda.
http://ladypine.org