[Haifux] SVN quota

Shahar Dag dag at cs.technion.ac.il
Wed Jan 20 10:22:32 MSK 2010

Hello

The SVN is used for programming projects done by groups, so the quota is a group quota per project.
My users are students at the Technion (computer science).
I believe it is a good thing that users knows that they have limited resources, this way they use them wisely.
If all groups are near the quota limits, I know it is a real need, if one group uses 500 & the rest are below 100, I know something is odd here and with the instruction of the course I decide what to do.

The problem of SVN is that there is no easy way to erase un-needed data. The only way I know of is to:
- create a full backup of the repository while filtering unwanted data
- erase the entire repository
- import the data from the filtered backup. I must admit that I prefer to give more disk space then to do this work.

Shahar