[Haifux] Kernel oops, so what?

Eli Billauer eli at billauer.co.il
Fri Jan 15 17:41:57 MSK 2010

Thanks, but it looks like I wasn't clear about it: My issue is not to
solve the specific problem. The question is that if I should bother, or
just wait.

In ancient times, an oops meant I had no choice. The computer was dead.
But judging by how the interface communicates with me (something like
"file a report, we'll handle this") I wonder if an oops has joined the
family of just another software crash.

   Eli

--
Web: http://www.billauer.co.il