[Haifux] Whole disk encryption, because it costs nothing?

Orr Dunkelman orr.dunkelman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 01:30:03 MSK 2010

Please note that the next generation of Intel CPUs (starting at
February!) are going to have an AES instruction built in them, making
harddisk encryption (using AES) extremely efficient (we're talking at
about 4 cycles/byte in stupid modes and about 0.7 cycles per byte in
more useful modes).

AMD to follow in 2011.