[Haifux] [HAIFUX LECTURE] VoIP in Linux - Rami Rosen

Orna Agmon Ben-Yehuda ladypine at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 10:53:51 MSK 2010

On Monday (Tomorrow!), February 15th at 18:30, Haifux will gather to hear
Rami Rosen talk about:

   VoIP in Linux

Abstract

VoIP is an emerging and exciting technology. We will deal
with the basics of VoIP protocols and particularly discuss some Linux
VoIP applications. We will also discuss VOIP with cellular phones
(like Android).

Note: this lecture does not require any previous background.

 VOIP protocols
 RTP - Real Time protocol.
 RTCP - Real Time Contorl protocol.

 Codecs (audio and video)

 SIP - the Session Initiation Protocol.
            Sip Requests and Sip Responses.
            The INVITE, REGISTER and Bye requests.

 SIP clients and Sip Proxy servers.

 Open source sip clients:
     - Ekiga, formerly GnomeMeeting.
     - SipDroid (running under Android).

 Voip with Cellular devices (Android)

Slides are already available from http://haifux.org/lectures/229/ (Thank you
Rami!)

We meet in Taub building, room 6. For instructions see:
http://www.haifux.org/where.html

Attendance is free, and you are all invited!

Future lectures:
1/3/2010 Drupal Meeting Israel David et al
15/3/2010 Genetic Algorithms Omer Boehm
12/04/10 Scientific programming with modern Fortran: Shimon Panfil, Ph. D.

We are always interested in hearing your talks and ideas. If you wish to
give a talk, hold a discussion, or just plan some event haifux might be
interested in, please contact us at webmaster at haifux.org

--
Orna Agmon Ben-Yehuda.
http://ladypine.org