[Haifux] [HAIFUX Workshop] The Web Rant Workshop

Orr Dunkelman orr.dunkelman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 11:09:09 MSD 2010

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 5:11 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I disagree with the suggestion to hide the browser we use.
>>
>> If I, as a web muster that works with IE will get some complain, I will
>> check it in IE.
>>
>> As a result I will find it a false complain and I will be angry with the
>> dumb user.
>>
>> On the other end if he would mention FireFox I will check it with IE & with
>> FireFox and at list verify the problem
>>

> Then you are not a good web master. One, you should be checking in
> more than just IE, and if you are so lazy as to not check in any other
> browser than I have no problems with making you angry. Two, you should
> know enough to ask the user what browser he is using.
>
> Web masters who assume that IE is the only browser are exactly who
> needs to be targeted to fix the problem.

Of course you are not a good webmaster. If you were a good one to
begin with, there would have been no problem.

If you were a good webmaster you would have either pick W3C or
something which is accessible everywhere.

If you were a good webmaster, you would have checked more than one
browser (even a few old IE's).

If you were a good webmaster, ...

Cheers,

--
Orr Dunkelman,
Orr.Dunkelman at gmail.com

GPG fingerprint: C2D5 C6D6 9A24 9A95 C5B3  2023 6CAB 4A7C B73F D0AA
(This key will never sign Emails, only other PGP keys. The key
corresponds to orrd at vipe.technion.ac.il)