[Haifux] Haifux lecture on Yom Hasho'a?

Eli Billauer eli at billauer.co.il
Fri Apr 2 04:36:41 MSD 2010

Hello all,

This message is relevant only for those who want to attend Haifux' next
lecture about Genetic Algorithms.

The Genetic Algorithm lecture is currently scheduled on April 12th. This
happens to be Yom Hasho'a, or to be precise, the evening after the day
of the ceremonies. So formally, there is nothing wrong with this date,
but we wouldn't like to lose listeners because of this.

The week following is Erev Yom Ha'azmauth, so the next possible date is
April 26th.

Haifux hasn't met for quite a while, so the dilemma is whether to
postpone the lecture, and leave an even larger hole, or to run the
lecture as scheduled, if the attendees are fine with it.

So if you have serious intentions about attending, please cast your vote:

http://www.doodle.com/qb9v7axc3ipi9xhe

This would also be a good opportunity to remind you that we're open for
suggestions on lectures in any subject which has some connection (even
vague) with GNU, Linux or FOSS in general.

Thanks and Hag Sameah (Pesach, that is).
    Eli

--
Web: http://www.billauer.co.il