[Haifux] Idea: "Welcome to Open Source" instead of "Welcome to Linux" this year

Lisha Sterling lishevita at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 06:14:22 MSD 2009

> I don't think people will need our help to enter themselves to free
> software on Windows, while they do need our help to get around in
> Linux.

    I agree with this *most* of the way. I think it's better to keep
the focus of the Introduction series on Linux, but to add in one
lecture that specifically covers the philosophies and practices of
Open Source no matter what the platform.

- Lisha

--

http://www.alwayssababa.com/pgpkey
fingerprint: 8BE2 2BDF 940A 3F65 CD30 5B9B AD85 02D6 70E7 0C8C