[Haifux] [HELP HELP] Uses of Linux in the "real world"

Eli Billauer eli at billauer.co.il
Fri Oct 30 19:46:44 MSK 2009

Hello,

I'm working on the short talk I'm going to give on Wednesday on the W2L
opening event.

I'd like to give some examples of well-known uses of GNU/Linux. Does
anyone have information, or even better, pointers to credible sources of
such information?

Does anyone have any credible number of Linux penetration in servers,
business and government desktops?

For example, some of Edimax wireless routers are actually Linux
machines. How do I know? Because they give a link to the source. (See
http://www.edimax.com/en/produce_detail.php?pd_id=268&pl1_id=3&pl2_id=18 )

I need more like these. Or articles.

Thanks in advance,

   Eli