[Haifux] [W2L] Call for lecturer + "Linux guru"

Doron Tal dorontal at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 16:57:26 MSD 2009

I tend to agree that git is somewhat complex for the novice. It takes awhile
before one feels comfortable working with git. SCMs in general, are not
considered
"core" learning material, so most student will prefer to avoid "wasting"
their
time to earn the required expertise.

Having said that, for the experienced git users, there is not reason to lose
their work, even in the case of some mistake.
For example, most problems can be recovered using:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/user-manual.html#recovering-lost-changes

Another, less powerful tool, but good enough for immediate disaster recovery
is the ORIG_HEAD reference.

--doron