[Haifux] [W2L] Call for lecturer + "Linux guru"

Shachar Shemesh shachar at shemesh.biz
Fri Oct 16 11:23:25 MSD 2009

Vadim Eisenberg wrote:

> > Eclipse doesn't belong to the "right" tools, in my opinion.
>

> Why Eclipse doesn't belong to the "right" tools ? My naïve
> understanding is that Eclipse is Emacs of the 21-st century – it is
> open source, customizable etc., similar to Emacs; in addition to being
> graphical.

Thank you! I was wondering why I hated Eclipse so much, and you have put
your finger on it. It's exactly like a 21-st century Emacs.

Shachar

p.s.
I'm not so sure it is a bad idea to teach Eclipse. I think it's worth
mentioning that eclipse exists, but to just point them in the right
direction, and then teach the basics.

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting Ltd.