[Haifux] [W2L] Call for lecturer + "Linux guru"

Eli Billauer eli at billauer.co.il
Wed Oct 14 17:00:55 MSD 2009

Hello,

We are in the midst of the preparations for the next W2L. As it turns
out, there's a need for a few of you to occupy the following functions.
If you feel like doing any (or both), please email me *privately* (I see
no point in making a thread of this).

1. The "FOSS Philosophy" lecture on 2/11/2009 (both the lecture's name
and date are negotiable). Orna will not be able to deliver it, and we
would like to have one fairly down-to-earth talk about the ideology and
methodology behind FOSS. In case I didn't make this clear: This is a
once-in-life opportunity to preach before a herd of misguided souls...

2. We need "Linux gurus": People to offer help and advice during the
"Configuration Party" on 3/11/2009. We expect people with partially
installed machines to show up asking to get their computers fully
configured. I wouldn't rule out from-scratch installations as well. The
location is the SSDL lab with spare hardware handy (monitors, mice,
keyboards etc), so the conditions are ideal.

Please contact me directly if you're ready to participate.

Thanks in advance.

    Eli

--
Web: http://www.billauer.co.il