[Haifux] [HELP HELP] Uses of Linux in the "real world"

Yossi Gil yossi.gil at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 12:06:01 MSK 2009

> The other side of the coin is that  the purpose of the W2L from Haifux's
> point of view is PR for Haifux itself, making the experience more enjoyable
> to us all, by injecting new blood of speakers and listeners. Users who care
> for the Windows experience are not likely to be any of those.

Don't know much about the PR, but please be advised that the two main
complaints on Linux I saw were: (a) We cannot use office. (b) We cannot run
Video players in double speed to listen to lectures.

To (a) the answer should be - you do not have to use office for any of the
courses taught in the lab. (b) ??? Does any one know how to fix it????

Also, Shahar, the lab engineer, has Linux on a USB, that he can give out to
students, who wants to use it portably. Please mention this.