[Haifux] [HELP HELP] Uses of Linux in the "real world"

boazg boaz.gezer at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 10:25:50 MSK 2009

these aren't any noobs. they are CS students, and they care because their
job might be on linux even if their desktop is windows. that's a point we
have to make.

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 22:08, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/10/30 Eli Billauer <eli at billauer.co.il>:
> > Hello,
> >

> > I'm working on the short talk I'm going to give on Wednesday on the W2L
> > opening event.
> >

> > I'd like to give some examples of well-known uses of GNU/Linux. Does
> > anyone have information, or even better, pointers to credible sources of
> > such information?
> >

> > Does anyone have any credible number of Linux penetration in servers,
> > business and government desktops?
> >

> > For example, some of Edimax wireless routers are actually Linux
> > machines. How do I know? Because they give a link to the source. (See
> > http://www.edimax.com/en/produce_detail.php?pd_id=268&pl1_id=3&pl2_id=18)
> >

> > I need more like these. Or articles.
> >

> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> >   Eli
> >

> You can tell them that Dotan Cohen uses Linux at home.
>
> Seriously, Linux noobs don't care which toasters or badgers are
> running Linux. They want to know if their desktop can do in Linux what
> it did in Windows. That's all.
>
> --
> Dotan Cohen
>
> http://what-is-what.com
> http://gibberish.co.il

Joan Crawford<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/joan_crawford.html>
- "I, Joan Crawford, I believe in the dollar. Everything I earn, I
spend."