[Haifux] KDE?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 17:20:05 MSK 2009

2009/1/29 Yossi Gil <yossi.gil at gmail.com>:
> KDE is of course not related to networking, but, as I said, networking
> worked with 4.0 but not in 4.2. I guess it is an issue of integration with
> the distribution.I was not motivated enough to try to solve the problem, and
> I removed 200MB or so of KDE. I will just wait for Kubuntu 9.04, and give it
> another good try then.
> Re: KOffice, I asked that it is installed in the lab, so that students could
> play with it, and see that there is a diversity of tools to choose from.
> IMHO, LaTeX is the best for most tasks which take more than 1 to two pages.

I would recommend that you don't use Koffice in the lab. Open Office
is better developed and more compatible with common formats,
furthermore, there is a native Windows version. I really think that
pushing Koffice is a mistake at this point, with all due respect to
the Koffice team. I fully support the Koffice efforts and we really
need competition in the area, but right now the non-MSO market needs
one consolidated player, and that is OOo.

Dotan Cohen