[Haifux] KDE?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 03:33:11 MSK 2009

2009/1/28 Yossi Gil <yossi.gil at gmail.com>:
> Ok, I downloaded and installed KDE 4.2 on 8.10. I was impressed with the
> bells and whistles, but was not converted. For one KOffice did not work (I
> guess it is a distribution issue, but did not want to spend time on this.
> Second, the wireless did not work, so I had no connectivity (it was working
> with KDE4.0). So, I guess I will stick with Gnome until 9.04, at which time
> I will reconsider.

KOffice, like Amarok, is released seperately from the KDE desktop.
They are due to release a 2.0 version soon. Wifi, though, is not
related to KDE.

> Fedora, SuSE and othe distributions are great, so I hear, but we cannnot
> move to them in the lab. Too much of a hassle and compatability with other
> Technion computers. This is not to say that we will discorage users from
> installing kubuntu, fedora, suse, etc.

The CS lab? I study Mechanical Engineering at the technion, and I'd
love to administer an Ubuntu farm. But with no Linux CAD software, I
don't see that happening.

Thanks for the feedback, Yossi.

Dotan Cohen