[Haifux] Fwd: [Israel.pm] Israel.pm Haifa Meeting

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Sun Jan 4 13:25:23 MSK 2009

Subject: [Israel.pm] Israel.pm Haifa Meeting
Date: Thursday 01 January 2009
From: Shmuel Fomberg <semuelf at 012.net.il>
To: Perl in Israel <perl at perl.org.il>

Hi All.

Sorry about the previous announcement - it was a bit rushed.
(can someone post this in the Haifa Unix mailing list? thanks)

So, Our next meeting will take place on Wednesday, January 7.
The talk will begin at 18:30, in Qualcomm Israel.

First talk (40 min): Uri Bruck will talk about "Perl in Software Art"

Abstract:
Software Art is art where software, programming code, or software
concepts play a significant role. It's closely related to Net Art.
Some software artists use Perl to create their art, and true to the
spirit of open source, often include the source code as part or
alongside the art.
Some observations on such art works will be discussed, the relation
between code (material) and artworks, links to related concepts in other
art forms.

Second talk (40 min): Shmuel Fomberg (truly yours) will talk about his
CPAN module Data::ParseBinary

Abstract:
Data::ParseBinary can be used to parse highly complicated and
conditional binary structures. We will see what can be done easily using
the module, and what can be done less easily.

About the location:
Qualcomm is located in the Omega Building, at the south entrance of
MATAM, which is on the south entrance of Haifa. It is 15 minutes walk
from the train / bus station "Hof HaCarmel". (I do it daily) For the
lazy, there are taxi lines to Tirat Hacarmel that drive on that way in
somewhat regular period.

A map can be found in this link:
http://tinyurl.com/qualcomm-israel

See you there,