[Haifux] "Windows-Free" laptops in Haifa

yossi arbel yossiarbel at nana10.co.il
Sun Feb 8 13:00:21 MSK 2009

Eli,

>My bet is that Linux will become mainstream because non-computer
>oriented companies with more than 10 computers will discover the
>advantage of maintaining the computers with Linux on them. And once
>ordinary people start to get used to it, the barrier is away.

> This is slowly happening, unless you've noticed that.

First, why bet?

Second: Is it no tooooooooooooooooooo slowly ???
will we exist by then at all? Why not now?

It seems to me that the percentage of home Linux Desktops is about 0.5% only among
all OS desktops (see link below).

I don't think there is a really impressive growth in this percentage in
the recent years.
Is this really going to change in the near future?

(BTW, according to this interesting post,  8% of the home desktops are MacOS desktops and 0.5% are Linux: http://firstpost.org/?p=235)

Regards,
YA