[Haifux] reading electric current registers on CPU

Sorana Fraier sf10095 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 22:05:49 MSK 2009

acpi isn't so succesfull. I wouldn't count too much on it. I had serious
problems once with acpi and temperature. It doesn't measure correctly the
temperature and the laptop didn't boot because it thought the temperature is
too high. So I disabled some features of acpi in the kernel.

acpi needs re-writing.

is i2c enabled?

the sensors of your hardware are detected? use  sensors-detect command.

the command sensors should work.
There is another tool called gkrellm. I never used this, so I can't tell too
much.
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/billw/gkrellm/gkrellm.html

besides the kernel, the motherboard should support as well (see in the link
above).