[Haifux] cat-like command

Shachar Shemesh shachar at shemesh.biz
Sun Dec 20 09:57:36 MSK 2009

Brian Wood wrote:

> Is there a command something like cat that will copy a
> file into the copy/paste buffer, so I can paste the contents
> somewhere after running the command?

That would need to be an X command, as the command line has no "paste
buffer", on the X server. I'm not aware of such a command, but it
shouldn't be too difficult to write.
> Also I'd like to find someone willing to give me an account
> on a big-endian machine.
I may be able to arrange something. I have Sparc and  PowerPC machines.
I'll try to figure out how I can expose them to you. How long do you
need the access for? What type of access do you need?

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting Ltd.