[Haifux] [HAIFUX LECTURE] GCC Profile Guided Optimization

Eli Billauer eli at billauer.co.il
Sun Aug 9 16:03:02 MSD 2009

On Monday, August 10th at 18:30, Haifux will gather to hear Shachar
Shemesh' talk

   GCC Profile Guided Optimization

Compiler optimization is a crucial part of modern computerized systems.
This lecture will cover what optimization is, why it is necessary, as
well as go into more details regarding what some of what the compiler
does during optimization. The lecture will also cover profile guided
optimization - where the compiler's optimization decisions are assisted
by information collected when the program is actually running.

Slides and examples are available at http://www.haifux.org/lectures/218

We meet in Taub building, room 6. For instructions see:

Attendance is free, and you are all invited!

Future lectures:

17/8/09   Sockets in the Linux Kernel (2): Rami Rosen
(Lectures to be announced...)
26/10/09   Social and Cultural perspective on the Israeli FOSS
community: Liora Shlomi

We are always interested in hearing your talks and ideas. If you wish to
give a talk, hold a discussion, or just plan some event haifux might be
interested in, please contact us at webmaster at haifux.org

Web: http://www.billauer.co.il