[Haifux] UBUNTU instalation

Ohad Lutzky ohad at lutzky.net
Wed Sep 10 10:23:38 MSD 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 12:41 AM, Dave Roi <davidroi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Note that if you use these mass installation methods, ALL packages will be
> marked as manually installed (as opposed to most of them being
> dependencies).
> The result of this is that if you later choose to uninstall a package, it
> won't uninstall it's dependencies (using aptitude or apt-get autoremove).

For this exact reason, I recommend against any of those solutions
(including the original one). Just save a list of packages you want
(I'll be very surprised if there are more than 50) and apt-get install
all of them. You'll want to be keeping them all at the latest version
for your release of choice anyway.

--
Man is the only animal that laughs and weeps, for he is the only
animal that is struck with the difference between what things are and

Ohad Lutzky