[Haifux] Multi-thread debugging for C++ on Linux

Ohad Lutzky ohad at lutzky.net
Sat Nov 29 12:29:07 MSK 2008

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 2:01 AM, Hai Zaar <haizaar at gmail.com> wrote:
> --
> Zaar
>

> On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 8:29 PM, Ohad Lutzky <ohad at lutzky.net> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Allow me to add a certain point which wasn't clear in my question:
>> This is NOT for me. Myself, I use vim and gdb, and rarely ever write
>> software with more than one thread (per process, that is ;) ). This is
>> intended for other users, which are not necessarily highly familiar
>> with Linux programming, and the ideal solution for my problem would be
>> an all-in-one GUI debugger (such as DDD). I am, however, open to any
>> neat tricks you might have in mind, which are not in
>> silver-platter-GUI form.
>>
>> Hai: Thanks, I'll take a look at Insight. (Doesn't seem as nice as ddd
>> though, not even a builtin gdb console... what features should I look
>> at?)
> Yes, its GUI looks eagy. It does have a gdb console (View->Console -
> its not a shell console but gdb console). Insight did a best job for
> me debugging project that heavily used C++ templating, where ddd got
> lost tracking source code.

I thought tracking source code was gdb's job... (Hitting l? And does
anyone know, off the top of their heads, how to get it to show the
current line number and file?)

--
Man is the only animal that laughs and weeps, for he is the only
animal that is struck with the difference between what things are and

Ohad Lutzky