[Haifux] Monday's lecture - too long? + car question

Nir Abulaffio anir at research.haifa.ac.il
Sun May 11 11:03:21 MSD 2008

Shalom,
begininng Jan-2008 the guards "should know" that there is such a thing
called Haifux, and that there is a lecture on Monday at 18:30.
So, a person arriving, has only to say "Haifa linux club" (in hebrew), and
they will let him in. (That is the theory, I tried it once, and reported
to the list that the words meant nothing to the guard, but, he let me
pass.)
Some one did say, that a list with future meeting should be faxed to the
Bitahon. That's a good idea - to remind him that we exist.
Nir.

On Sat, 10 May 2008, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> Hi all,
<strike>Attached is the lecture slides for Monday.</strike>
They were not that long, but 100 K is still over the list's limit. This
message sent again without the actual slides.
Here's what I'm worried about.

It's too long

Far too long.

There are 60 slides, trying to cover about 8 subjects (not including the
compiler single threaded mindset mentioned by Hai). I guess I can simply
leave two subjects in the lectures, but skip them in the actual lecture,
in an attempt to make it squeeze. If that is the case, I'll definitely
leave out affinity, and probably algorithms and caches.

Alternatively, people can go over the slides and say that they think
that the subjects discussed are worthy of two meetings.

On a totally different matter - what is the procedure these days for
going to the lecture with a car? Do I need to register the car in
advance? If so, what is the latest I can still do so (I'm not sure which
is the car I'll be arriving with)?

Thanks,
Shachar