[Haifux] Ideas for meetings

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 21:01:53 MSD 2008

2008/7/14 Shlomi Fish <shlomif at iglu.org.il>:
> You may wish to consult the material and links at:
>
> http://www.shlomifish.org/lecture/Autotools/
>
> One problem with the presentation is that I didn't really show how to do stuff
> portably using Autoconf. That and I now decided that Autoconf tends to break
> too often from my taste, and is one gigantic hackish kludge, and decided to
> convert wholesale to CMake.

Specifically, cmake is what I'm interested in understanding. Not as an
application developer (I'm not) but as a user who would like to build
the latest KDE applications (Digikam, KDEPIM, Kate) from SVN to triage
bugs for the real devs. If you'd like to give a lecture, and that
means that you will be in the Haifa area, then if I remember correctly
I do owe to you a beer!

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il