[Haifux] [HAIFUX Lecture] Git isn't a VCS

Orr Dunkelman orr.dunkelman at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 15:45:28 MSK 2008

Tomorrow (Monday), 4th of February, at 18:30 the Haifa Linux Club,
will gather to
Ohad Lutzky's (my!) lecture about

           Git isn't a VCS

Git isn't a version control system. No fancy acronym, that's just what Linus
says. Still, he wrote it and uses it to keep track of versions of the kernel.
This presentation will be one big usage example of git. Knowledge in other VCSs
(cvs, subversion, others) is recommended, but optional. Also recommended but
optional is viewing Linus's talk on motivation for writing (and using) git:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XpnKHJAok8

We meet in Taub building, room 6. For location instructions see:
http://www.haifux.org/where.html

Attendance is free, and you are all invited!

Future Lectures:

A lightning talks session about crawlers                    Everybody!
          11/2/08
Tapping into the Fountain of CPUs---On Operating
    System Support for Programmable Devices          Muli Ben-Yehuda   25/2/08

We are always interested in hearing your talks and ideas. If you wish
to give a talk, hold a discussion, or just plan some event haifux
might be interested in, please contact us at webmaster at haifux.org

--
Orr Dunkelman,
Orr.Dunkelman at gmail.com

"Any human thing supposed to be complete, must for that reason infallibly
be faulty" -- Herman Melville, Moby Dick.

GPG fingerprint: C2D5 C6D6 9A24 9A95 C5B3  2023 6CAB 4A7C B73F D0AA
(This key will never sign Emails, only other PGP keys. The key
corresponds to orrd at vipe.technion.ac.il)