[Haifux] [HAIFUX Lecture(s)] Two Haifux Lectures Next Week!

Orr Dunkelman orr.dunkelman at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 13:04:10 MSK 2008

Next Sunday (!), January 4th at 18:30, Haifux will gather to hear
Cathy Malmrose (from the bay area) talk about

     	Linux Hardware

Abstract

Building hardware to run a Linux distro used to be quite tricky,
involving plenty of trial and error with components while filing bug
reports in various places. In the last year, hardware has reached the
point where it is easier to build a Linux system that just works.

Cathy Malmrose, a Linux hardware builder from Berkeley, California, US
will share what she has learned from various OEMs and will give a
broad view of how and where to get Linux-ready hardware. She will also
share her Top Ten best sources of support.

Please note that the talk is expected to be in English (or mostly in English)

A day after, Monday, January 5th at 18:30, Haifux will meet to hear
Orna Agmon (from a different bay area) talk about

     Supercomputing 2008

(The meeting will start with Yousef Shajrawi, finishing his talk)

We meet in Taub building, room 6. For instructions see:
http://www.haifux.org/where.html

Attendance is free, and you are all invited!

Future lectures:

19/1/2009  	How I got my 550 NIS back from the Redmond giant 	Zvi Devir
2/2/2009 	        Sifting a Haystack -- The Slashdot Back-End From
                        a Naive User's Point of View
                       Tim Lord
16/2/2009	Progreamming NXT using Open Source platforms      	Yaniv Aknin
2/3/2009  	Wireless in Linux
               Rami Rosen
16/3/2009 	Introduction to openmp
            Orna Agmon
30/3/2009 	openmp - from the developer's side
Orna Agmon

We are always interested in hearing your talks and ideas. If you wish to
give a talk, hold a discussion, or just plan some event haifux might be
interested in, please contact us at webmaster at haifux.org

--
Orr Dunkelman,
Orr.Dunkelman at gmail.com

"a scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, -- a mere
heart of stone" - Charles Darwin.

GPG fingerprint: C2D5 C6D6 9A24 9A95 C5B3  2023 6CAB 4A7C B73F D0AA
(This key will never sign Emails, only other PGP keys. The key
corresponds to orrd at vipe.technion.ac.il)