[Haifux] Lecture proposal - high performance multi threaded programming

Shachar Shemesh shachar at shemesh.biz
Tue Apr 29 18:21:58 MSD 2008

Hai Zaar wrote:
> Yeah, great topic!
> It will be great if this issue will be covered as well:
> http://www.airs.com/blog/archives/79

First, I've only read this through twice, and so have not, yet,
understood what the compiler is doing to this code. As such, I don't
feel qualified to comment.

The other aspect is that the lecture is more algorithmic than
implementation. I'm trying to answer the "how do you structure your
program so that algorithmic complexity doesn't kill you of an heart
attack before you are 30". Just as the article points out, a simple
memory barrier here would solve the problem, so this is obviously an
implementation question.

I'll try to point out some of these problems, but that won't be the focus.

Shachar