[Haifux] Lecture proposal(s)

Amichai Rotman amichai at iglu.org.il
Wed Sep 26 12:49:30 MSD 2007

I would like to hear about MythTV and Linux gaming. These are the two most
hot issues for Windows users I try tirelessly to switch to Linux.

I work at Netvision 013 Barak, and I am planning on giving some Linux
lectures to my fellow workers.It's still in early stages, but I might need
help.

I tried to get people interested in the Haifux lectures without much
success. It would've helped to have a nice sign to post on the bulletin
boards stating the next lecture (when, where and what about).

What are your thoughts?

Amichai.

On 9/26/07, Ohad Lutzky <lutzky at gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay, now that the mailing list is back up, here are some proposals
> for lectures, let me know what you think.
>
> I can give a lecture about PyGTK - creating a user interface using
> Python and GTK. This lecture should be self-contained; I'll teach all
> of the python necessary, the audience will only need some background
> in programming (preferably in an OOP language). I intend to start
> simple, and finish off with a threaded example; the lecture should be
> appealing to relatively new but hackerish users.
>
> Haggai wants to give a lecture about the git
> not-a-source-control-management-system, and Ariel wants to give a
> lecture about monads, but I'll let them talk about that :)
>
> --
> Man is the only animal that laughs and weeps, for he is the only
> animal that is struck with the difference between what things are and
> what they ought to be.
> - William Hazlitt
>
> Ohad Lutzky

Amichai Rotman