[HAIFUX LECTURE] Linux Containers and the future cloud (part II) -- Rami Rosen

Eli Billauer eli at billauer.co.il
Sat Mar 29 19:24:50 IDT 2014

On Monday, March 31st at 18:30, Haifux will gather to hear a talk by
Rami Rosen:

    Linux Containers and the future cloud (part II)

If you missed part I, please refresh your memory on the "Resource
Management in Linux" lecture, given in Haifux in May 2013 (see:
http://haifux.org/lectures/299/, audio recording available). Much of
part I was dedicated to this.

Abstract

Lightweight process virtualization is a virtualization technology which
exists for many years, in Linux and in other OSs, and which matured
significantly in the recent year. Linux-based containers are based on
this technology. In this lecture, I will discuss the Linux kernel
infrastructure for Linux-based containers as well as several interesting
userspace projects which use this technology.

Following is a list of the main topics which will be discussed:

* Namespaces and Cgroups - the building blocks of containers.
* A Short survery of Linux container projects (open source and proprietary).
   * The LXC project:
   * LXC containers
   * LXC management
* Docker - the Open Source containers engine project.
* CRIU (Chekpoint/Restore in userspace)

and more.

We meet in Taub building, room 6. For instructions see:
http://www.haifux.org/where.html

Attendance is free, and you are all invited!

Future lectures:

There are no scheduled lectures.

We are always interested in hearing your talks and ideas. If you wish to
give a talk, hold a discussion, or just plan some event haifux might be
interested in, please contact us at webmaster at haifux.org

--
Web: http://www.billauer.co.il