[HAIFUX LECTURE] Resource management in Linux -- Rami Rosen

Eli Billauer eli at billauer.co.il
Sat May 25 21:11:54 MSD 2013

On Monday, May 27th at 18:30, Haifux will gather to hear a talk by Rami
Rosen:

    Resource management in Linux

Abstract

* Resource management in Linux
* Kernel Namespaces implementation (kernel 3.8)
* Kernel Namespaces as an infrastructure for process virtualizaton
   - Network namespaces and pid namespaces kernel implementation
   - System calls for namespaces
   - usage examples
* cgroup kernel implementation
   - cgroup VFS
   - cgroup filesystem ops for handling cgroups examples
   - The cgroup release agent and the notification API + examples
   - Memory controller (memcg) example
   - Two networking controllers examples
   - linbvgroup-tools + examples
* Checkpoint/Restart in brief

We meet in Taub building, room 6. For instructions see:
http://www.haifux.org/where.html

Attendance is free, and you are all invited!

Future lectures:

*** NOTE: The next lecture is only a week away! ***

03/06/13 OpenTTD: Alexandru Iosup
10/06/13 ELVIS -- Efficient and Scalable Paravirtual I/O System:
          Abel Gordon

We are always interested in hearing your talks and ideas. If you wish to
give a talk, hold a discussion, or just plan some event haifux might be
interested in, please contact us at webmaster at haifux.org

--
Web: http://www.billauer.co.il