[HAIFUX LECTURE] UniversAAL - Open Source platform for Ambient Assisted Living and Smart Home Environment - Vadim Eisenberg

Orna Agmon Ben-Yehuda ladypine at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 08:45:06 IST 2011

On Monday, February 28th (TODAY) at 18:30, Haifux will gather to hear Vadim
Eisenberg talk about

     UniversAAL - Open Source platform for Ambient Assisted Living and Smart
Home Environment <http://haifux.org/lectures/251>

Abstract

I will present two presentations about an EU FP7 IP project I work on,
UniversAAL - http://universaal.org/. The goal of the project is to develop
an open source platform for Ambient Assisted Living (AAL). Ambient Assisted
Living is a kind of Smart Home environment for elderly people - for example,
a house equipped with different sensors and in which different devices,
sensors and home appliances are networked together and managed by software
applications. In addition, the platform could be used for monitoring of
chronic deceases, providing healthcare services at home, supporting people
with disabilities. I will present the project and will talk about
technologies involved in the project: OSGi, Middleware, (Semantic) SOA,
Security, Android, Living Labs.

About me: I work in IBM, IT for Healthcare & Life Sciences group, and do my
M.Sc. studies at the Technion, Computer Science Department. My research
interests are Semantic Web, Software Engineering and Programming Languages.
I made my first Open Source contribution two months ago -
http://d2rqupdate.cs.technion.ac.il/, Apache 2.0 license (on my personal
time, it is not related to IBM). I developed D2RQ/Update and D2R
Server/Update prototype extensions to a popular RDF-to-RDB mapping platform
- D2RQ http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/bizer/d2rq/ (it is related to
Semantic Web technologies).

================================

We meet in Taub (CS Faculty) building, room 6. For instructions see:
http://www.haifux.org/where.html

Attendance is free, and you are all invited!

 ================================

Future Haifux talks include:
14/3/2011  The story of Alice and Bob - the I/O requests by guy keren
(part i)
28/3/2011  The story of Alice and Bob - the I/O requests by guy keren (part
ii)

We are always interested in hearing your talks and ideas. If you wish to
give a talk, hold a discussion, or just plan some event haifux might be
interested in, please contact us at webmaster at haifux.org

 --
Orna Agmon Ben-Yehuda.
http://ladypine.org